Be it for Post-workout, Anti-inflammatory, to eat more fruit, or simply enjoy a healthy pie without the guilt, this Whole-Food, Plant-Based Cherry Pie is comes with no added sugar, salt, fat, or oils. Even better Tart Cherries have substantial evidence supporting a multitude of benefits from sleep to muscle soreness.
(C=πd)(A=πr^2) ITS SCIENCE. Cherry Pies are Delicious and Apple Pies are too! But did you know the c
razy benefits of eating tart cherries, or even berries!?
Have you ever woke up and say, ‘I’m going to make a cherry pie’ . . . Yea-me-niether……UNTIL TODAY!
Nailed it! Seriously, I’m on a pie roll! I Love pie, I reeeeally do not know who doesn’t.
This WFPB pie is disease free. *I don’t put cancer or heart disease in my recipes because I don’t use animal products or processed foods.
Instead, this pie is just what you need for a Post workout, to sleep better, or even reduce muscle soreness. Got Arthritis? This Pie can help with that too!
BENEFITS OF TART CHERRIES
Waiting for your pie to be done?
Watch these quick videos from Nutritionfacts.org to learn about how you are about to get a healthy kick in the . . . pants.
Tart Cherries for Insomnia
Anti-inflammatory Life Is a Bowl of Cherries
Treating Gout with Cherry Juice
Reducing Muscle Soreness with Berries
Cherry Pie Delicious
In a Sauce Pan Combine & Simmer on Medium Stirring Occasionally
- 3 Cans Tart Cherries in Water Drain the water
- 1/4 cup Apple Sauce Organic Unsweetened
- 5 tbsp Corn Starch Organic
While cooking the Filling Make your Crust
Add Filling to your Pie Crust & Top
- Keep on warm While you Prepare your crust. You really cannot overcook this unless you burn the cherries or not stir it enough and get sticking.Usually a solid 20 minutes is sufficient.
Par-Bake your bottom crust
- Because this is a more moist, filling, I suggest Par-Baking your bottom crust about 5-10 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit if using any of my crust recipes.
Pre-Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes
WFPB Pie Crust
Step 1: Blend Together
- 4 Cups Oat Bran
- 1/4 Cup Date Sugar (optional but recommended)
- 2 tbspn Flax Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda Aluminum-Free
- 1 tbsp Arrow Root Powder
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 tsp Amla Powder Optional-I just put it everywhere I can
Step 2: Then Add
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce Unsweetened
- 1/4 Cup Nut-Butter (Preferably Almond Butter no Oil or added Sodium
- 1 Vanilla Bean Center
- 1 Oat Flour
- Combine all the ingredients from “Step 1” Into a food processor and pull for 30 seconds
- Add all the ingredients from “Step 2” to the Dry mixture and run until all is combined evenly.
- Roll Your Dough out evenly to desired thickness. To save for a top piece of the pie roll the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch or decently thin.
- Use your pie dish or a dish just larger than the pie dish to trace out a good circle. Excess can be cut off and removed after plating the crust.
- You can do Flat edges
- Or pull the dough into an impressive edge using your fingers
- Reform the extra dough into a ball and using your rolling pin, re-flatten the dough just enough to reach the outside of your pie dish.
- You can make strips
- Or you can go with the plat top