Whole Grain, Oil-Free, and vegan: Finding WFPB-compliant Pie Crusts in retail stores is a tall order. Fortunately, it is easy to make your own crust and keep them on hand for any Pie occasion.
(This Recipe Makes one Pie Crust more than enough for a Bottom and top of a 9 inch pie Plate or for 3 small pie tins)
This amazing pie crust can be par baked to make sure your crust comes out lightly crispy or frozen for storage.
Simply make the dough, roll it out, fill it up and Bake!
Crust will store 5 days in there refrigerator or up to two months in the freezer.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER CRUST OPTIONS AS WELL:
WFPB Pie Crust
Step 1: Blend Together
- 4 Cups Oat Bran
- 1/4 Cup Date Sugar (optional but recommended)
- 2 tbspn Flax Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda Aluminum-Free
- 1 tbsp Arrow Root Powder
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice Blend
- 1 tsp Amla Powder Optional-I just put it everywhere I can
Step 2: Then Add
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce Unsweetened
- 1/4 Cup Nut-Butter (Preferably Almond Butter no Oil or added Sodium
- 1 Vanilla Bean Center
- 1 Oat Flour
- Combine all the ingredients from “Step 1” Into a food processor and pull for 30 seconds
- Add all the ingredients from “Step 2” to the Dry mixture and run until all is combined evenly.
- Roll Your Dough out evenly to desired thickness. To save for a top piece of the pie roll the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch or decently thin.
- Use your pie dish or a dish just larger than the pie dish to trace out a good circle. Excess can be cut off and removed after plating the crust.
- You can do Flat edges
- Or pull the dough into an impressive edge using your fingers
- Reform the extra dough into a ball and using your rolling pin, re-flatten the dough just enough to reach the outside of your pie dish.
- You can make strips
- Or you can go with the plat top