Make some shroom for this Savory Mushroom Gravy
Perfect on top of, well, Anything and everything!
But even better on these:
Mushrooms are hard for many to include into their diet, due to texture, knowledge, or lack there of. For me, personally, its a texture issue. When you find the right way to include them mushrooms are packed with health benefits!
This Savory Mushroom Gravy will make anyone squeamish about mushrooms enjoy them without hesitation!
Its smokey, its sweet, and adds a bite to any dish. Oh, and its super simple to make, like all my recipes!
Thank you for stopping in!
Check it out, Let me know What you think!
Savory Mushroom Gravy
- 1 Large Onion Chopped set 20 min
- 12 oz Mushrooms Baby Bella/Shitaki mix
- 2 Cups Veggie Broth Low Sodium
- 1 tbsp White Miso
- 2 tbsp Oat Flour
- 1 tbsp Tamari low-sodium
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 pinch Chipotle Pepper
- Pulse the onions and garlic in a food processor
- Stir Fry the onions over medium heat using water to release any sticking. Allow the onions to brown a little, keep splashing water to prevent sticking to get to a nice caramelized onion.(PROTIP:IF YOU HAVE TIME ROAST THE GARLIC ONIONS IN THE OVEN INSTEAD OF FRYING 400 DEGREES FARENHEIT FOR 15 MIN)
- Pulse the Mushrooms in a food processor until smooth
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft.Continue to add a little water or veggie broth to release any sticking
- Add one cup of broth and stir
- Add the miso, Oat flour, and tamari sauce to the remaining cup of broth and stir until dissolved. Add the dissolved miso and flour mixture to the pan along with the 2 tablespoons of Red wine vinegar, if using. Continue cooking until the gravy thickens to your liking.