This Changes Everything!
You known what they say, Once you go purple, you’ll never go back. . .Or something like that?
Did you know Purple Sweet Potatoes are a staple amongst the healthiest cultures in the world!?
This is a food that makes it own introduction and needs no filter to make a first impression at any table, gathering, or event!
I like to keep my recipes simple and rememberable. You don’t always want to run back to a list of instructions every time. The best part is that these potatoes pack so much flavor that they need very little work past cleaning and cooking.
I admit, most of the time I will just wash one of these, poke some holes in it, pop it into the microwave, and click the potato button.
BOOM! YOU HAVE A MEAL ON THE GO!
I strongly believe these will make their way into many more Americans lives as the landscape of nutrition shifts away from the Standard American Diet (SAD).
I also strongly believe the potato button on the microwave is the most under rated button !
Heres what you need to do to cut time, efficiency and make the most out of this!
- Start your water before prepping the potatoes
- * Boiling is the healthiest way to cook a potato
- * Microwaving is the second healthiest way to cook a potato
- Peel the potatoes
- Although the skin has the most Anti-Oxidants this will reduce time of scrubbing and cleaning!
- Leaving the skins on does not change the recipe just makes it healthier!
- Chop the potatoes into pieces no larger than 1 inch
- This significantly cuts cooking time! It also helps when you go to blend the potatoes the smaller pieces are relatively easier
- Not too much liquid
- The potatoes will have a lot of water density. Add your non-dairy milk accordingly in small splashes as you mix
- Patients while blending
- Take your time and blend them well, unless you like a chunky mash (I’m not a fan)