Im super pumped to share this recipe with you!
Walk into a supplement nutrition store, visit your health and wellness isle in Wegmans or your favorite Whole food grocery store, and you will see walls upon walls of health bars, cookies, treats, and eats.
I’m the guy that stands there and reads EVERY SINGLE ONE!
There are not
many, sorry, none of them take a significant lead because all of them have this ingredient, that ingredient, or all of the ingredients that do not fall under the guidelines for eating WFPB. Few come so close, but those few come down to added oils, or cane-sugar.
I even go back to see if they have changed, used an alternative, or made their product better. Yes, of course you can get by once and a while sneaking in a cookie with the only bad ingredient being cane-sugar, but why settle for less when you can get MORE by making your own for LESS.
Its so simple, companies do not want you to know about it. They will do anything to conveniently package, flavor, and pander to your weaknesses to get you to fall back on them.
DON’T BE A SUCKER!
How long does it take you to get to the grocery store or health food store? In any account, it probably takes you a solid hour by time you factor in travel (to and fro), shopping, checking out. . . .okay we’ve already gone past 15 minutes. Even if you order online, the wait time could be for one week in shipping, and even still down to the final decision maker you don’t end up with powerful nutrition to put into your beautiful body.
I GOT YOU
Ive put together a comprehensive shopping list for you! everything you need will be at your disposal, heck, even if you wan to have your post workout for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. These are so quick and easy tipping them up is as fast as 1-2-3. The hardest part is waiting the mere 8 min for them to cook while the aroma of these puppies seeps into your kitchen.
At first, it can be a daunting process, but you’ll get better and better the more you figure out how to fit the process into your lifestyle, and make your actions more convenient than your buying power. (Remember how long it takes you to go to the store.. the cost for terrible ingredients.. the loss your taking on fresh top quality nutrients!)
But the benefits of making your own go beyond no sacrifice of top quality nutrition and taste. This brings us to one of my greatest strategies for creating change in clients
Strategy 001: Once you start buying quality ingredients to cook your own meals, you start arming your pantry with all the tools you need to grow your health the plant-based way.
Of course the initial buy of all the ingredients is going to be a bigger expense up front, but once you have them, the time, money, and increase in quality of nutrition you have at your disposal will change your life!
So, since I like you and you like me, I’m going to give you a look inside my pantry. Im highlighting a few key items you need to live by and below here is the most comprehensive list at the best products at the best price to fast track limitless amounts of Post Workout Cookies!
OH! And yes, That Recipe is HUGE! Your Welcome!
LEAVE A COMMENT OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @teddieddie if you make these! Ill be sure to give you an add back or pass your post along!
YOU GOT THIS!
Build Your Pantry
#Livewild and top this all off. I love Wildway Banana Nut Grain-Free Granola. This product is great because its packed with great foods you should be eating everyday from organic dates to walnuts, pecans, and flavored with vanilla beans and hint of cinnamon. At a low sodium content and no-oil, the company does a great job at offering a quality product at a great price. you have to pic this up! The best part is that its super versatile to add anywhere so you’ll be using it more than just in this recipe.
Robs Red Mill products are always one of my go-to brands. As soon as I spotted Rob Mills Oat Bran Cereal I had to try it! Not only has it been a staple breakfast with blueberries and spices, but it is easier on my stomach than quick oats and old fashioned oats. It just seems to digest better and keeps me well satiated with out the indigestion. I also notice that I love the taste more than regular oats! I’ve linked the large package here because I promise this isn’t going to stay long in your pantry.
3. Date Sugar
I admit it. I am a date sugar addict. Whenever I see cereals, cookies, products adding sweeteners, cane-sugar (almost everywhere), and honey, I cringe. I die little inside. I don’t understand why they don’t use DATE SUGAR?! Maybe because they want to profit by using lower quality, cheaper ingredients? Yes. Date sugar comes at a higher price, but it is the Healthiest sweetener you we have available to us. Its simply dates, ground into a granular sweet powder-and I Run through this stuff. Its so versatile in baking, cooking, sauces, oatmeal, smoothies, wherever you want! I’ve linked the 2 lb bag because your living a successful plant based life, this is on your counter or in your belly!
4. The Rest of the goods!
- Bobs Red Mill Flaxseed Meal Organic, 16 oz– Eat this everyday!
- Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda, 16 Ounce
- Organic Arrowroot Powder by Naturevibe Botanicals– My secret ingredient to great baked goods
- King Arthur Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour – Because Sprouted it better, has more antioxidant, and phytonutrients.
- Organic Unsweetened Applesauce– Because glass is always better
- Artisana Organics – Almond Butter, no added sugar or oil, Certified organic, RAW, and non-GMO, grown and made in California– Raw is expensive but better-butter! Check out what this one looks like, but I won’t lie to you, nut-butters may be cheaper to purchase in-store. Just choose no-oil, no salt added, and simply just nuts. Otherwise, you just take these cookies from Ultimate to just good.
Ultimate Post Workout Cookie
- 2 cup Oat Bran Organic
- 1 cup Date Sugar Madjool
- 1 tbsp Flax Meal
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Arrow Root powder
- 1/4 cup Sprouted Whole Wheat flour (Optional)
- 3/4 cup Apple Sauce Unsweetened
- 1/4 Cup Wildway Banana Nut Grain-free Granola Banana Nut
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter No-Oil/Added salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all Ingredients from the top down into a large bowl and mix until well combined
- Split into serving size depending on your recipe (Standard makes two very-large cookies). Form into Balls and press onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Top with Wildway Grain-free Banana Nut Granola
- Bake on 350 Degrees F, for 8-10 minutes and thats it!